Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rowing as Excercise



I have always thought of rowing as a pleasant and quiet way to get around the lake. I have never really thought of it as exercise. I suppose that if I did, I would never have taken it up. Truth be known, rowing is one of the best ways to work out.


Rowing requires the use of the whole body: arms, back, and legs at the same time, allowing for a very efficient way to burn fat and build muscle.  Rowing is also good aerobic training too, improving heart health and the cardiovascular system, raising basal metabolism, and increasing calorie consumption. You can expect to burn somewhere between somewhere between 50 and 150 calories every ten minutes!  

Finally, rowing is no impact. There is no stress to the joints at all.  But, because you encounter resistance as you row, you build bone density,
You can buy a rowing machine, of course. A good gym will have a number of rowing machines available. But why not get a boat? I can't think of a better way to have a little fun. You will barely notice the exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment